• 1/2" velcro hook: Remove film and attach to the inside top of the screen door track (illustration 2)
• 2” velcro loop: Attach to the top of the Pop Up Pet Door (illustration 2) •
• 1" velcro hook: Remove film and attach to the inside side of the sliding door track (illustration 3)
•1 ½" velcro loop: Attach to the bottom panel of the Pop Up Pet Door, on the side that is facing the side door frame (illustration 3)
• 2.5” removable piece on the side that creates an opening for the screen door latch
• Alcohol to clean the door track (helps Velcro hook to stick better).
Attaching the Flap
Remove the film from the back of the 1" wide velcro loop that is pre-attached to the flap and attach it to the bottom of the pet door. This allows you to adjust the height to where you need it to be. (It is best to allow the bottom of the flap to puddle on the bottom just a bit to hold it in place.)
• It is important to allow 24 hours for the adhesive to fully attach. You can attach the pet door right away but if you pull down to remove the pet door and the adhesive has not fully attached it may come down. Just push it back in to place and let it set.
• The Pop Up Pet Door is not intended to be used as a security door.
• Although we use strong marine velcro, velcro by nature does wear out after about 1000 uses. You can purchase replacement materials at a hardware store or from our website.
1. Clean Your Door Frame Open your sliding glass door and wipe down the inside of your door frame. Make sure it is clean and dry before beginning.
2. Attach The Top Of Your Pop Up Pet Door to The Top Of Your Door Frame
Included in the baggie you will find 1 piece of ½” velcro hook the same width of your door– remove the film and place this in the top track of your screen door. Remove the film from this piece of velcro and place it in the track of your sliding glass door. Next, attach the 2” velcro loop to the top of your Pop-Up Pet Door. Finally, attach the top of your Pop Up Pet door to the velcro hook. Press firmly so both pieces of velcro stick together. It is best to let the velcro hook set for a few hours so that the 3M adhesive can get a good grip. If it does come down, just push it back in and let it set.
3. Attach The Side Of Your Pop Up Pet Door To The Side Track Of Your Door
Take a 1” velcro hook piece and place it in the inside side track of your sliding door, and near the middle of the bottom Pop Up Pet Door panel. The 1½” velcro loop should be placed on the side of the Pet Door so that it attaches to the 1" velcro hook. Press the hook and loop velcro together.
4. Close Your Door
Once your Pop Up Pet Door is securely in place with velcro, close your sliding glass door. It is a good idea to have a security bar or sliding door lock on the backside of the door to put pressure on it. You can pick one up at most hardware stores.