Installation Instructions and Video
(The Pet Door is attached using a Hook and Loop System)
The Pop Up Pet Door comes with loop pre-attached at the top of the Pet Door.
The more surface of the Loop the Hook can attach to the better the hold.
• 1/2" x 6, 8 or 11" long Hook: depending on the size door you have) Remove film and attach to the top of the top of screen door track with the adhesive side facing the inside of your house. (illustration 2)
• 1" x 6, 8, or 11" long Hook (depending on the size door you have) Remove film and attach inside the top of sliding door frame track with the adhesive side facing the inside of your house. (illustration 3)
•1 ½" x 3" or 4" velcro loop: Attach to the bottom or middle panel of the Pop Up Pet Door, nearest the sliding door frame. Then attach the 1" x 3" or 4" Hook in the groove of the frame. Then line them up and attach them to each other.
• 2.5” removable piece on the side that creates an opening for the screen door latch
• Alcohol to clean the door track.
Attaching the Flap
Remove the film from the back of the 1" x 6, 8 or 11" wide velcro loop that is pre-attached to the flap and attach it to the bottom panel of the pet door. This allows you to adjust the height to where you need it to be. Then attach the weights that are included to the back of the rubber logo on the bottom. This will help to keep the flap in the downward position.
• It is important to allow an hour for the adhesive to fully attach. You can attach the pet door right away but if you pull down to remove the pet door and the adhesive has not fully attached it may come down. Just push it back in to place and let it set.
• The Pop Up Pet Door is not intended to be used as a security door.
• Although we use strong marine hook and loop, it does wear out after about 1000 uses. You can purchase replacement materials at a hardware store or from our website.
New Installation Instructions and Extras
We have a NEW installation video to help ensure the Pop Up Pet Door gets installed properly and easily: https://popuppetdoor.com/pages/installation-instructions
We highly recommend adding ¼” weatherseal and a security bar. This will help to support and stabilize the Pop Up Pet Door.
One of the best features of this simple Pet Door is that it can be easily modified. You can cut the plastic panels to fit your unique door with a table saw. (however, if you do modify the Pop Up Pet Door it will be considered non-refundable).
Use in a Window:
If you are buying the 6” Pop Up Pet Door for a cat, you can also use this Pet Door in a window. Measure the height of the window and determine how many panels you would need (keeping the loop at the top). Then just separate the panels, attach the flap and use the hook and loop system in the top of the track just like you would in a sliding door. Once you separate the panels, it is very difficult to put them back together, so make sure you measure twice and separate once. You can buy a sliding window lock at any hardware store. (If you separate the panels, it will be considered a modification and non-refundable.